Issue tracker integration
Issue tracker integration lets you link an Upsource project, be it an existing or a new one, to a specified project in your issue tracker, enabling users to create issues from Upsource code reviews and discussions.
When creating an issue, one can also specify its mandatory values: issue type and priority (available for JIRA and YouTrack version 7.0 and newer).
Integration with YouTrack is provided via Hub — the service that provides user authorisation and user management across all JetBrains services and applications connected to it.
To integrate with YouTrack, you need to:
- Install and run Hub.
- Have your Upsource and YouTrack installations configured to work with a standalone Hub.
- Go to Hub and merge the Upsource and YouTrack projects that should be integrated.
On Upsource's Create(Edit) Project page, go to the Integration tab and select YouTrack from the drop-down list. YouTrack integration will be configured automatically.
To set up integration with JIRA:
- On Upsource's Create(Edit) Project page, go to the Integration tab and choose JIRA from the drop-down list.
Specify JIRA server URL, link URL (a public URL if differs from the server URL), and project key
Check Create JIRA Auth Module to enable other JIRA users to log into Upsource with their JIRA credentials and create issues that will be reported under their own names. Otherwise all issues reported from the Upsource project will be shown in the corresponding JIRA project under the JIRA user name (project administrator) mentioned above.
If you choose this option, you'll need to navigate to Hub and create a JIRA Auth Module before you click Create(Edit) project.
- Select authorization method and specify credentials. For JIRA user account (JIRA project administrator) credentials, only JIRA username is accepted — do not enter an e-mail address.
- Test the connection to your JIRA server.
- Ask the users to log into Upsource once under their JIRA credentials. Their accounts will be recognized and recorded with Hub.
- Give these JIRA users access rights to the Upsource project
- You can also provide a way for the JIRA users to log into Upsource with their Upsource credentials and still be able to report issues under their JIRA names. To do that, go to Hub and merge their JIRA and Upsource accounts. The previous step can be skipped in this case.
All issues originating from the Upsource users without associated JIRA accounts will be reported in the corresponding JIRA project under the JIRA user name (project administrator) specified in Upsource during the integration setup.