Reviewing your teammate's changes
As a reviewer you typically perform the following sequence of tasks:
- Go to the review and examine the changes.
- Leave your feedback and participate in discussion.
- Optionally invite other participants.
- Complete review by accepting or raising concern about the changes.
When someone invites you to take part in a review, you'll receive a notice in your email containing a direct link to that review.
Follow the link to proceed to the review page.
Its main pane shows the review timeline that lists all events and comments related to the review:
From here you can go to a side-by-side diff or view the entire file by pushing the corresponding button. These views let you thoroughly examine the code: Find usages, Go to declaration, View hierarchy of a selected element, and more.
To return to the timeline view, press Esc.
Participate in discussion
You can post comments, addressing them to the author and other participants, and reply to the comments left by others.
There are three types of comments:
- Review comment is not tied up to any particular file or part of code — its subject matter may be anything within the scope of the review.
- Code selection comment is intended to pinpoint a particular code fragment in one of the files being reviewed.
- Line comment is associated with a specific line of code.
To post a review comment
To post a line comment
To post a code selection comment:
When a discussion thread comes to a logical end, either you or the author can mark it as resolved.
Add participants as reviewers or watchers depending on the action you want them to take.
To add a reviewer or a watcher
You can add as many participants as you wish and whenever you wish. The people you add are notified via e-mail and Upsource news feed.
To remove a participant, click on their userpic and confirm the deletion: