1. Download and unzip
Simply download a new Upsource build from here and unzip the downloaded archive to a server directory of your preference. Later in this documentation it will be referred to as the
What's inside Upsource
The Upsource distribution bundles a set of different components including:
- Upsource services including the frontend, VCS analysis, and monitoring
- Apache Cassandra, the default bundled database
- Hub, a JetBrains service for authentication, user and group management
2. Make some system adjustments
Disable conflicting software (Windows)
If you run Upsource on Windows, please disable all anti-viruses, Windows Defender, and Windows Search service for Upsource root directory, as they may conflict with Upsource processes.
Adjust resource limits (Linux)
If you run Upsource on Linux, insufficient resource limits may result in a number of errors. To prevent that, we recommend to set:
- maximum open files to 100000
- memory locking and address space limit to unlimited
- number of processes to 32768
You can do it by adding the following lines to the
* - memlock unlimited * - nofile 100000 * - nproc 32768 * - as unlimited
You can also:
- Set up Upsource to work behind a reverse proxy server.
- Install and configure a standalone Hub which is required for YouTrack integration
As soon as you have made all configuration changes that are relevant in your environment, you can proceed to start Upsource.
3. Start Upsource
For Windows, run the following command:
For Linux or Mac OS, run the following command:
To start Upsource on OS X or Linux platforms, execute the command as a non-root user.
4. Walk through the Wizard steps
Upsource Configuration Wizard will open in your browser. Follow the steps described in Things to configure after the first start.