Upgrading your Upsource installation
Use this instruction to upgrade your existing Upsource installation to a newer one. Upgrade procedures vary significantly depending on the version increment (i.e. 2.5.1 to 3.0 vs 3.0 to 3.0.1) as outlined below.
- If you are upgrading to version 3.0, please Create a backup while your existing Upsource installation is running. You can omit this step for future patch updates.
Use your operating system's tools to make sure that all Java processes launched by Upsource are no longer running. (On Windows, you can use Process Explorer.)
- If there are no Upsource-related Java processes outstanding, proceed to step 4.
- If there are Upsource-related Java processes still running:
- If your <upsource_home> directory name is not build-specific, rename <upsource_home> to Upsource.old (you can use another name).
- Download and unpack the zip archive with a new Upsource build.
Start Upsource (new instance):
It will open Configuration Wizard in your default browser:
In this step, select the location of your previous installation or backup to upgrade from:
- If you are upgrading any older version to version 3.0 and have a backup (you should, see step 1), specify its location. It's a date-specific directory inside the backups folder.
- If you are patch-upgrading version 3.0 to 3.0.x, then specify the location (the home directory) of your previous installation.
Now you can verify and change (if necessary) your system settings and location of system directories:
Wait a little for Upsource to launch its components:
As soon as it's done, it will open its welcome page.