Things to configure before starting Upsource
On this page:
When it comes to mainstream installation cases Upsource requires minimal configuring. All you have to do is:
Disable conflicting software (Windows)
If you run Upsource on Windows, please disable all anti-viruses, Windows Defender, and Windows Search service for Upsource root directory, as they may conflict with Upsource processes.
Adjust resource limits (Linux)
If you run Upsource on Linux, insufficient resource limits may result in a number of errors. To prevent that, we recommend to set:
- maximum open files to 100000
- memory locking and address space limit to unlimited
- number of processes to 32768
You can do it by adding the following lines to the
* - memlock unlimited * - nofile 100000 * - nproc 32768 * - as unlimited
Other installation options
You can also:
- Set up Upsource to work behind a reverse proxy server.
- Use a cloud service to install and run Upsource.
- Install and configure a standalone Hub which is required for YouTrack integration
As soon as you have made all configuration changes that are relevant in your environment, you can proceed to start Upsource.