Using Help Topics
WebStorm documentation has the following structure:
- Meet WebStorm
This part contains system requirements and installation information, quick start guide that helps you get a grip of WebStorm, the section First Steps with the tutorials that help you perform the most basic actions - create and run your first application.
- How to
On the WebStorm site, find online documentation:
The online help makes it possible to find entries in the table of contents, browse documentation with the table of contents, rate topics , ask questions and express your opinion. The layout of online documentation consists of:
- Table of contents pane
This pane shows the table of contents.
- Use this pane to browse through the topics.
- Click button to show or hide this pane.
- If for some reason your browser fails to show actual table of contents, refresh the page.
- Topics pane
This pane shows the topic that is currently selected in the table of contents.
- In the Keymap drop-down list, choose the platform you want to view keyboard shortcuts in (Windows/Linux, OS X etc.)
Finding a piece of information in the table of contents
- Switch to the Table of contents pane.
- In the Search WebStorm help field, type your query.
- Press Enter.
The table contents shrinks to show the search results. Click the desired entry to show the corresponding page in the Topic pane.