WebStorm supports developing, running, and debugging Dart code.
*.dart files, and allows you to edit them
providing full range of coding assistance.
Dart files are marked with the icon.
- For running and debugging Dart command-line applications, WebStorm provides a dedicated run/debug configuration of the type Dart Command Line Application.
To run and debug a Dart Web application in a browser, you either need to use the Dartium browser
When the Dart development support is enabled, see Preparing for Dart Development, WebStorm provides full coding assistance, which involves:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Numerous code inspections and quick-fixes.
- Integration with the native Dart static analysis engine: all inconsistencies and potential problems are reported in the dedicated Dart Analysis Tool Window with the possibility to navigate to the fragment of the source code where the problem was detected.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- Dart-specific refactoring procedures, such as change signature, extract parameter, extract variable.
- Code generation:
Navigation and search through the source code:
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
In this section: