WebStorm supports developing and running TypeScript source code.
*.ts files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding assistance without any additional steps from your side.
TypeScript files are marked with the icon.
In this section:
Preparing for TypeScript Development
TypeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters, and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Numerous code inspections and quick-fixes.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- TypeScript-specific refactoring procedures, such as change signature, extract parameter, extract variable.
- Generating code stubs based on file templates during file creation.
- Ability to create line and block comments (Ctrl+Slash/Ctrl+Shift+Slash).
importstatements for modules, classes, and any other symbol that can be exported and called as a type, see Creating Imports, section Importing TypeScript Symbols.
You can also configure the type of quotes to be used in
importstatements by choosing Double quotes or Single quotes from the String literal type drop-down list on the Code Style. TypeScript page of the Settings dialog box.
- Configuring automatic insertion or skipping the public access modifier in generated code.
Navigation and search through the source code:
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.