Menus and Toolbars
On this page:
WebStorm menus and toolbars let you carry out various commands. The main menu and toolbar contain commands that affect the entire project or large portions of it. Additionally, context-sensitive pop-up menus let you perform the commands, which are specific to a part of a project, like source file, class, etc. Almost each of the commands has an associated keyboard shortcut to enable quicker access to it.
Main elements of WebStorm window
- 1. Main menu
- The main menu contains commands for opening, creating projects, refactoring the code, running and debugging applications, keeping files under version control and more.
- 2. Main toolbar
- The main toolbar contains buttons that duplicate the essential commands for quicker access. You can hide the main toolbar, using the checked command on the toolbar context menu.
- 3.Navigation bar
- Navigation bar is a quick alternative to the Project tool window.
- 4. Context menus
- These menus, available with right-click, contain commands applicable to the current context.
- 5. Pop-up menus
- These menus, available with Alt+Insert, contain commands applicable to the current context.
Tips and tricks
- Show or hide the main elements of WebStorm UI using the menu.
- Descriptions of the actions from all the menus and toolbar buttons are displayed in the left side of the Status bar.
- If you know which action you want to perform, but do not know where to find the appropriate command, just press Ctrl+Shift+A, type some part of the name of action you want to perform, and select the desired action from the suggestion list.