Using Help Topics
WebStorm documentation has the following structure:
- Meet WebStorm
This part contains system requirements and installation information, quick start guide that helps you get
a grip of WebStorm,
the section First Steps with the tutorials that help you perform the most
basic actions - create and run your first application.
- How to
This contains information related to the platform features (such as, for example,
using the WebStorm editor, tool windows, or
version control), and language- and framework-specific guidelines.
This part contains the miscellaneous information, which includes the
basic concepts, or essentials, dialogs reference,
icons reference, and more.
On the WebStorm site, find online documentation:
WebStorm web help
The online help makes it possible to find entries in the table of contents,
browse documentation with the table of contents,
rate topics and express your opinion. The layout of online documentation consists of:
- Table of contents pane
This pane shows the table of contents.
- Use this pane to browse through the topics.
- Click button to show or hide this pane.
- If for some reason your browser fails to show actual table of contents, refresh the page.
- Topics pane
This pane shows the topic that is currently selected in the table of contents.
- In the Keymap drop-down list, choose the platform you want to view keyboard shortcuts in (Windows/Linux, OS X etc.)
Finding a piece of information in the table of contents
- Switch to the Table of contents pane.
- In the Search WebStorm help field, type your query.
- Press Enter.
The table contents shrinks to show the search results. Click the desired entry to show the corresponding page
in the Topic pane.
Last modified: 2 September 2016