Importing a Local Directory to CVS Repository
You can import an entire directory to your CVS repository, provided that you have the corresponding access rights. This action is helpful for putting a whole project under version control.
Import to the repository is always available, even when CVS is not enabled in project.
To import a directory into CVS repository
- On the main menu, choose .
- On the first page of the Import into CVS wizard, select the target CVS root. If the desired target repository does not exist, you can create a new one. To do that, click Configure, and define the desired CVS root. Click Next.
- On the second page of the wizard, select the target directory in the repository, and click Next.
- On the third page of the wizard, select the local directory that will be imported into the CVS repository. Click Next.
- In the Customize Keyword Substitution page, specify the keyword substitution rule for the files imported into the repository, and click Next.
- Specify the required import settings. The fields of this page correspond to CVS command-line arguments for import, and additional options that define the checkout status of the imported directory.
- Click Finish.