On this page:
- 1 GB RAM minimum, 2 GB RAM recommended
- 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
JRE 1.8 is bundled with distributions for all platforms. You don't need any Java to be installed on
your machine in order to run WebStorm.
- Microsoft Windows 10/8/7/Vista/2003/XP (incl.64-bit)
- Download WebStorm from the
- Run the
WebStorm-*.exe file that starts the Installation Wizard.
- Follow all steps suggested by the wizard. Pay special attention to the corresponding
|System Requirements ||Installation|
- OS X 10.5 or higher.
- Only 64-bit OS X is supported.
- Download the
WebStorm-*.dmg OS X Disk Image file from the
- Double-click the downloaded
WebStorm-*.dmg OS X Disk Image file to mount it.
- Copy WebStorm to your Applications folder.
- OS Linux 64 bit
- KDE, GNOME or Unity DE desktop
WebStorm-*.tar.gz file from the
- Unpack the
WebStorm-*.tar.gz file to a different folder, if your current "Download"
folder doesn't support file execution:
tar xfz WebStorm-*.tar.gz <new_archive_folder>
The recommended install location according to the filesystem hierarchy standard (FHS) is
/opt. For example, it's possible to enter the following command:
sudo tar xf WebStorm-*.tar.gz -C /opt/
- Switch to the
cd <new archive folder>/WebStorm-*/bin
webstorm.sh from the
Last modified: 22 March 2017