Viewing Changes History for a File or Selection
WebStorm allows you to review changes made to files, or even fragments of source code. The Show History and the Show History for Selection commands are available from the main VCS menu and from the context menu of files.
The change history for a selection of code is displayed in a separate window, in the form of the differences viewer.
In this topic:
Viewing the History of a File
Do one of the following:
- Open the file in the editor. Then on the main menu or on the context menu of the editor tab, choose .
- In the Project tool window, select the file in question and choose on the context menu of the file.
- Click the columns to filter the list of changes you have made to the selected file.
- Click the relevant buttons on the toolbar to compare with local version, get the selected version from VCS, annotate a file, refresh the revisions list, and show the list as a tree.
- To view the other files updated in a revision, select the revision in question and choose Show All Affected Files on the context menu. The Paths Affected in Revision dialog box opens showing a list of all the files that were modified in the selected revision.
Viewing the History of a Selection
- In the editor, select the fragment of source code to view the history for.
- Choose on the main menu, or on the context menu of the selection.