Dart Analysis Tool Window
The tool window is available only when the Dart plugin is installed and enabled. The plugin is bundled with WebStorm and activated by default. If the plugin is not activated, enable it on the Plugins page of the Settings / Preferences Dialog as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
WebStorm provides interface for using the Dart Analyzer tool. The tool is intended for static analysis of your Dart source code. All inconsistencies and potential problems are reported in the dedicated Dart Analysis tool window with the possibility to navigate to the fragment of the source code where the problem was detected.
On this page:
- The Description column shows the message itself, which can be an error message, a warning, or a hint.
- The Location column shows the following data:
- The Summary area below the table shows the number of detected errors, warnings, or hints and the filter status.
Grouping and Sorting
The messages in the Dart Analysis tool window can be grouped and sorted. By default, the messages are primarily sorted by their severity, that is, the error messages are shown at the top of the list, then come warnings, and finally hints are displayed. In each severity group, messages are grouped by the Dart package name, which is super handy for projects with multiple
pubspec.yaml files. In each package group, the messages are grouped by their file paths. Finally, in each file group, the problems are sorted by the line number where they occurred.
You can re-configure the secondary sorting:
- Click the Location column header to switch between the ascending and descending order of the Dart package name + file path sorting. Note that this does not affect the order of severity groups, that is, errors are always shown first. Line numbers are not taken into consideration either, for each particular file problems are always shown in ascending order of line numbers.
- Click the Description column header to perform the secondary sorting alphabetically by the problem description. Note that this does no affect the primary grouping by severity.
To disable the primary grouping by severity, release the Group by Severity toggle button on the toolbar. After that the severity of a problem is not taken into consideration at all and problem reports are sorted only by their Description or Location (Dart package name + file path). This sorting method guarantees that all the problems for each particular file are grouped together in the table, regardless of their severity.
|Jump to source||F4||Click this button to navigate to the fragment of code that caused the selected problem.|
|Copy||Ctrl+C||Take the line at caret to the clipboard.|