Update Project Dialog (Git)
In this dialog box, choose the strategy to synchronize your local repository with the remote storage and to choose the way to clean your working tree before update.
| Update Type || In this area, choose the method to use for synchronization. The strategy will be applied to all Git version control roots. The available options are: |
- Merge: choose this option to have the merge strategy applied. The result is identical with that of running
git fetch ; git merge or
git pull --no-rebase.
- Rebase: choose this option to have the rebase strategy applied. The result is identical with that of running
git fetch ; git rebase or
git pull --rebase.
- Branch Default: choose this option to have the default command for the branch applied. The default command is specified in the
branch.<name> section of the
.git/config configuration file.
| Clean working tree before update || In this area, specify the method to save your changes while cleaning your working tree before update. The changes will be restored after the update is completed. The available options are: |
- Using Stash: choose this option to have the changes saved in a Git stash, so you can apply patches with stashed changed even outside WebStorm, because they are generated by Git itself.
- Using Shelve: choose this option to have the changes saved on a shelf. Shelving is a WebStorm internal operation, patches generated from shelved changes are normally applied (unshelved) inside WebStorm. Applying shelved changes outside WebStorm is also possible but requires additional steps.
| Do not show this dialog in the future || Select this check box to have WebStorm update your project silently in the future using the specified Update Type and Clean working copy method. |
To have WebStorm show this dialog box before update again:
- Open the Version Control - Confirmation page of the Settings dialog box.
- In the Display Option dialogs when these commands are invoked area, select the Update check box.
Last modified: 17 July 2017