In this section:
WebStorm provides CoffeeScript support. WebStorm recognizes
*.coffee files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding assistance without any additional steps from your side. CoffeeScript files are marked with icon.
Preparing for CoffeeScript development
- Make sure the CoffeeScript and Node.js plugins are enabled. The plugins are activated by default. If the plugins are disabled, enable them on the Plugins page as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
- Download and install the Node.js runtime environment.
- Configure the Node.js interpreter in WebStorm:
- Open the Settings / Preferences Dialog by choosing for Windows and Linux or for macOS, and click Node.js and NPM under Languages & Frameworks.
- On the Node.js and NPM page that opens, specify the location of the desired Node.js interpreter.
See Configuring Node.js Interpreters for details.
CoffeeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method, inline, rename/move, etc.
- CoffeeScript-specific refactoring procedures, such as change signature, extract parameter, extract variable.
- Code generation
- Navigation through source code
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
- Executing CoffeeScript files involves: