Navigating Between Editor Tabs
Navigating between editor tabs
To navigate from the current tab to the next or previous tab
- Right-click the current editor tab and choose on the context menu.
- Press Alt+Right or Alt+Left. So doing, the focus moves to the editor tab located next to the right or to the left from the active editor tab.
- Press Ctrl+Tab to use the Switcher.
This approach allows jumping from one tab to another as your editing session requires. While you move between the editor tabs, WebStorm remembers the caret position within each opened file.
Navigating through the previously visited tabs
To go back and forth through the history of visited tabs
- On the main toolbar, click or .
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Left or Ctrl+Alt+Right.
This approach enables you to move back and forth through the history of your navigation, same way as it is done in a Web browser. As you move from file to file during your editing session, WebStorm keeps track of the visited locations and enables you to go back, using thecommands.
Viewing all opened editor tabs and choosing the active editor
To view all editor tabs and select the active editor
If all opened tabs are shown in a single row, some of the tabs may become invisible. WebStorm helps display the list of the opened editor tabs that did not fit in the editor window and have become invisible whereupon you can choose the tab to activate.
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose
The list of all the tabs that are opened but invisible appears. So doing the names of the tabs, which are currently visible, are displayed on the light background; the names of the tabs outside of the main window are shown on the darker background.
- Click the name of the desired editor tab:
The selected editor tab becomes active and gets the focus.
The command Show All Tabs and the icon are only available when:
- The Show tabs in single row check box is selected in the Editor tabs page of the Editor settings.
- Some of the opened tabs are not visible because they do not fit in the editor window.