Running, Debugging, and Testing
This section describes the procedures that are common for various types of applications. For details on debugging applications in the supported frameworks, refer to Languages and Frameworks.
WebStorm provides a full range of facilities for debugging your source code:
- Multiple simultaneous debugging sessions.
- Customizable breakpoint properties: conditions, pass count, etc.
- Frames, variables, and watches views in the debugger UI.
- Runtime evaluation of expressions.
If you want to see the list of all currently debugging applications, select Viewing Running Processes section for details.from the main menu. Refer to the
General debugging steps
- Configure the debugger.
- Define a run/debug configuration for the application to be debugged.
- Create breakpoints in the source code.
- Launch a debugging session.
- Pause or resume the debugging session as required.
- During the debugger session, step through the breakpoints, evaluate expressions, change values on-the-fly examine suspended program, and set watches.
After you've started a debug session, the icon that marks the Debug tool window toggles to to indicate that the debug process is active.