Using Perforce Integration
With the Perforce integration enabled, you can perform basic Perforce operations from inside WebStorm.
In this section:
- A Perforce client is installed on your computer.
- You have an account with the Perforce depot.
To start using Perforce integration, perform the following preliminary steps
- Create a client spec using your Perforce client.
- Get source files from the Perforce depot using your Perforce client.
- As soon as the local working copy is on your computer, associate your local directory with Perforce.
After that you will be able to open source files for edit, and perform the usual Perforce-related tasks using WebStorm.
- When Perforce integration with WebStorm is enabled, the Editor and the Project Tool Window. item appears on the menu, and on the context menus of the
- The files in the folders under the Perforce control are highlighted according to their status. See File Status Highlights for file status highlighting conventions.
- Modifications results are shown in the Version Control tool window.
- When using Perforce integration, it is helpful to open the Version Control tool window. The Console tab displays the following data:
- All commands generated based on the settings you specify through the WebStorm user interface.
- Information messages concerning the results of executing generated Perforce commands.
- Error messages.