The detected output variable is used as a return value for the extracted function.
| || |
To extract a function
- In the editor, select a block of code to be transformed into a function.
- On the main menu or on the context menu of the selection, choose or press Ctrl+Alt+M.
- In the Extract Function dialog box that opens, specify the name of the new function.
- To have the new function defined through a function expression, select the Declare functional expression check box.
- In the Parameters area, configure the set of variables to be passed to the new function as parameters. By default, all the variables from the specified scope are listed.
- View and check the declaration of the function to be generated in the Signature preview read-only area.