To integrate Toggl with YouTrack:
- Install the Toggl browser extension from the Chrome webstore.
- Scroll down to the Custom Domain Url Permissions section of the Permissions tab.
- Enter the domain name of your YouTrack InCloud instance.
- Select Myjetbrains integration from the drop-down list.
- Click the Add button.
- Click the Allow button to enable the connection.
- Close the Toggl Button settings dialog.
Using the Toggl Extension
The Toggl extension lets you track the amount of time spent working on issues in YouTrack. The extension requires that you are logged in to your Toggl account.
Here's what happens when you start the Toggl timer when working with issues in YouTrack:
|Issues List||The current context and search query are copied to the time entry.|
|Full Page View||The issue ID and summary are copied to the time entry.|
|Agile Board||The name of the current sprint is copied to the time entry.|
Here are some additional tips for using the integration:
- The projects in YouTrack are not synced with projects in Toggl. This means that you can assign time entries to any project in Toggl independent from their project assignments in YouTrack.
- The Toggl browser extension does not sync with the time tracking feature in YouTrack.