You can attach files directly to an issue or in a comment. You can upload and attach images and other file types. The option to attach a file to an issue is displayed in the issue toolbar in the list view and full page view.
When you attach a file from the issues list, the attachment is added to the currently highlighted issue in the list.
To attach a file to an issue:
- Click the Attach button in the issue toolbar.
- Select one of the following options:
Option Description Attach File Opens a dialog where you can locate and upload a file from your local directory. The attachment inherits the visibility setting from the issue.
For more information, see Set Issue, Comment, and Attachment Visibility.
Attach File Privately Opens a dialog where you can select one or more files and restrict the visibility of the attachments to a specific group. Use this option when the files contain sensitive information like user accounts or log files. Attach Image and Edit Opens a dialog where you can select, drop, or paste an image from the clipboard. The file opens in the Image Editor. The Image Editor lets you apply various effects and add comments to the image. You can also set the visibility group directly in the dialog. For more information, see Edit Images.
You can use keyboard shortcuts to attach files to an issue. These shortcuts are available in the list view and full page view.
Drag and Drop
You can attach a file simply by dragging it to an issue.
This method works in any view mode. You can drag and drop multiple files at once.
- In the issue list, drag one or more files to the target issue in the list.
- In full page view, drag one or more files anywhere over the middle of the page.
You can copy a file to your clipboard and paste it as an attachment to an issue. This method uses the standard keyboard paste command Ctrl + V (⌘ + V on OS X).
In list and full page view, the pasted file is attached to the issue. You can also paste an image directly into a comment.
Edit or Remove an Attachment
You can update the file name and change the visibility of an issue at any time.
To edit an attachment:
- Open the issue in full page view.
- Click the edit icon next to the attachment that you want to update.
- If the attachment is an image, the file opens in the Image Editor. For more information, see Edit Images.
- If the attachment is not an image, the Edit Attachment dialog opens.
- Use the following options to update the attachment properties:
Option Description Visible for Group Select a group to change the visibility setting for the attachment. New Name Change the name of the file. Delete file Click to delete the attachment. Cancel Discard changes and close the dialog.
- Click the Update button to apply your changes and close the dialog.