Connect to an External Mail Server
YouTrack InCloud instances are connected to a hosted mail service. You can, however, overwrite the default configuration and connect YouTrack to your own mail server.
To access these settings, select Global Settings from the Server Settings section of the Administration menu and scroll down to the Notifications section of the page.
To connect to an external mail server:
- Select the Enable checkbox for Email.
- Enter values for the following settings:
Setting Description SMTP Host Enter the server address of your SMTP server. SMTP Port Enter the connection port for the SMTP server. Mail Protocol Select the protocol that is used by your SMTP server. SMTP Login Enter the username of the account that is used to access the SMTP server. SMTP Password Click the Change password button to specify the password for account that is used to access the SMTP server. Select SSL Key Select a previously uploaded SSL key or trusted certificate for secure connection to your mail server. For details, see SSL Keystores.
To enable a secure connection to your SMTP server, you need to import its SSL certificate into YouTrack. For instructions, see SSL Certificates.
Server 'From' Email Enter an email address to use as the 'From' address for email notifications. For more information about email 'From' addresses, see Email 'From' Addresses.
- When finished, click the Save button.
- Test the connection.
- Click the Send test message button.
- Enter an email address to which the test message should be sent.
- Click the Send button.
- Check the email account that you sent the test message to and verify that the message was delivered.
- If successful, the connection to your external mail service is configured and ready for use.
- If unsuccessful, update your settings and test the connection until the message delivery is successful.