Hub Deployment Options
The Hub integration is available in two deployment modes. This page provides an overview of each mode and describes the features that are enabled with either option.
The built-in Hub integration supports the following features:
- No additional configuration required — the built-in Hub service is seamlessly bundled and integrated with YouTrack in a single installer package
- Simplified maintenance — joint backups and updates, no version compatibility issues
- Improved usability — all of the administrative pages that are supplied by the Hub service are accessible from the Administration menu in YouTrack
- Lower resource consumption — you use less CPU, RAM, and hard disk space than you would with an external Hub installation
You can opt to use an external Hub service to manage users and access for your YouTrack service.
This option is not available for YouTrack InCloud or Bitnami YouTrack. To work with an external Hub service, you would first need to migrate your YouTrack InCloud instance to a YouTrack Standalone installation. You could then migrate your YouTrack data to an external Hub installation.
An external Hub service lets you manage the user base for all connected applications and services in one place. It also enables single sign-on for JetBrains web-based team tools.
Integration with an external Hub enables the following additional features in YouTrack:
- Integration with JetBrains Upsource
- Enhanced project model that lets you manage access to resources in any connected service
- Additional dashboard widgets for Upsource and TeamCity
- Hierarchical (nested) user groups
- Ability to add Custom services to Hub to build integration with your favorite tools
- A Services Menu that provides quick access to connected services from a single location
- Better scalability
Download the installation package for an external Hub service from our website.
The following table shows which Hub deployment options are available for each YouTrack distribution type.
Legend: = Supported