Migrate from InCloud to Standalone
To migrate from YouTrack InCloud to YouTrack Standalone, you have two options:
- Migrate to a YouTrack Standalone installation.
- Import data from YouTrack InCloud to an existing YouTrack Standalone server.
Migrate to a YouTrack Standalone Installation
If you want to switch from YouTrack InCloud to a new YouTrack Standalone server, you can migrate all of the data from your InCloud database and continue working with YouTrack on your own server.
Many administrators install and test YouTrack Standalone before they migrate data from an InCloud instance and make it available to other users. In this case, the standalone installation only contains test data that can be deleted. If you set up a YouTrack Standalone installation for testing purposes, we recommend that you uninstall the test installation and migrate the data from your YouTrack InCloud instance to a clean installation of YouTrack Standalone.
The first step is to export a backup copy of your YouTrack InCloud database.
To export your YouTrack InCloud database:
The next step is to install YouTrack Standalone with the data from your YouTrack InCloud instance.
- For MSI and ZIP distributions, you can automatically import your data during installation.
- For the JAR distribution, you need to install YouTrack first, then extract the data from your database backup file.
Note that the backup of your YouTrack InCloud database contains the base URL and license for your InCloud instance. Follow the instructions in this guide to update these properties and properly configure your YouTrack Standalone server.
To migrate to YouTrack Standalone with an MSI or ZIP distribution:
- Download and install the MSI or ZIP distribution. Follow the standard installation guide up to the step where the web-based Configuration Wizard opens in your default browser.
- In the Configuration Wizard, click Upgrade.
- On the Select Upgrade Source page, select the database backup that you exported from your YouTrack InCloud instance in the previous procedure.
- Click the Next button.
- Change the Base URL setting to the URL of your YouTrack Standalone server.
- Click the Upgrade button.
- Click the link to access the Global Settings page.
- Enter the License User Name and License Key for YouTrack Standalone.
- Click the Save button.
To migrate to YouTrack Standalone with a JAR distribution:
- Download the JAR distribution and upload it to your server.
- Before you run the YouTrack service, extract the data from your YouTrack InCloud instance to the data directory of your standalone installation.
- Check the data directory of your standalone installation and verify that it is empty.
The default location of the database is in the
teamsysdatafolder in the home directory of the user account that runs YouTrack. If there are any files or folders in this directory, delete them.
- Extract the contents of the database backup file to your data directory.
After extraction, the data directory contains two folders:
- Check the data directory of your standalone installation and verify that it is empty. The default location of the database is in the
- Run YouTrack Standalone from the command line. Use the following Java start parameters to configure the server:
java -Xmx1g -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=250m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djetbrains.youtrack.baseUrl="http://www.mystandaloneserver.com:[port] -Djetbrains.youtrack.licenseName="YouTrack Free Pack User" -Djetbrains.youtrack.licenseKey="fa210d1d87408e18c6cfb9e09991aa5f9781410fcf660e47a366fcf83d5d25085e4b41e7ffd54256424e32a3aac1d5ec7464d98421b1a3068c8642279d0e0d85cb2e569b0f20fc5174331e40fe2e09f4291d14d8058015a71ef2ab64c2847fc82f71e0038b4ebd53b7e0e4d6ec7348fe0a0598d8b78f253914aa4959a59eb997" -jar youtrack-<version>.jar [host:]<port>[/contextPath] [config file path]
Once you have verified that everything works as expected, remove the custom start parameters from the command that you use to start the server.
Add YouTrack InCloud Data to an Existing YouTrack Stand-Alone
If you want to migrate data from a YouTrack InCloud instance to an existing YouTrack Standalone server without overwriting the data in the standalone installation, use the YouTrack REST API to import data from one YouTrack server to another.