Cloning issues lets you create a perfect copy of an issue (or several issues at once) in a matter of a seconds. When you create a copy, just make the necessary alterations. For example, you can change the description and select a different priority.
While cloning an issue, YouTrack creates a perfect copy of the selected issue in the same project with a new issue ID. The following attributes are set automatically:
- The issue reporter is set to the current user.
- All tags except for the 'Star' tag are copied.
- Links and attachments are copied to the new issue.
- Votes, watchers and comments are not copied in the new issue.
To clone an issue:
- In the issues list, select one or more issues that you want to clone.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + J or start typing the command to open the Apply Command dialog.
- Enter the command
You can also click the Command Dialog button in toolbar and select the Clone Issue option.
That's it. The selected issues are cloned in the same project.