Make a Project Private
To make a project private:
- Restrict access to the project for anonymous users (guest account).
- Ensure that the 'All users' group does not have permissions to view the project.
- Ensure that any of the auto-joined user groups do not have access to the project as well.
- Check that other groups, except the group that should view the project, do not have access to the project.
- Grant permissions to access the target project to the desired user group and/or individual user(s).
This is the outline of the procedure. Now, let's view each step in details.
- Ban the guest user account.
- Configure the roles assigned to the guest user account so it is not able to view issues in the project.
To restrict project access to the All Users group:
- Open the page.
- Open the Roles tab.
- For each assigned role in the table, click the Unassign link.
When done, check the Permissions tab. It should be empty.
- Repeat these steps for all other groups that use the auto-join option.
- For each other group (except the group that should view the project), check the tab to ensure that it does not have access to the target project.
For more information about about managing user groups, see Groups.
Last modified: 10 August 2017