Hub Authentication Module
The Hub authentication module is the default authorization scheme for managing user account credentials. This module is built into your YouTrack installation and enabled by default.
The settings of this authentication module let you control how user manage their Hub credentials.
The settings are configured automatically when you install YouTrack with a built-in Hub service.
|Type||Displays the type of service that is enabled for authentication in Hub. Built-in Authorization means that this module is a part of YouTrack and is not installed separately.|
|Name||Stores the name of the authentication module. Use this setting to distinguish this module from other authentication modules in the Auth Modules list.|
|Password Restore||Enables the option for users to reset a forgotten password. When enabled, YouTrack sends an email message with a link to restore their password to users who request a password reset.|
|Password Strength||Stores the password policy setting applied to Hub accounts. For more information about password strength and security, see Set a Password Policy.|
|Registration||Enables the creation of accounts for users who register themselves in YouTrack. If you disable this option, only users with existing YouTrack accounts are able to log in.|
When enabled, additional settings that you can use to manage users who register their own accounts in YouTrack are shown. For a detailed description of these settings, see Registration Settings
|Throttling||Enables rate limitation for logins and requests to verify credentials. When enabled, the settings that determine how throttling is applied are shown. For a detailed description of these settings, see Throttling Settings.|
|Audit||Links to the Audit Events page. There, you can view a list of changes that were applied to this authentication module.|
To enable reCAPTCHA on the registration page:
- Set the reCAPTCHA option to Enabled.
- Click the link to access the reCAPTCHA key management console.
- The Create reCAPTCHA key page opens.
- Register your YouTrack domain with the reCAPTCHA service. reCAPTCHA is a part of Google services, so you can use your Google account to log in. Read the tips provided on the page before you register and generate your keys.
- Copy the Site key in Google and paste it into the corresponding input field in the Hub authentication module.
- Copy the Secret key in Google and paste it into the corresponding input field in the Hub authentication module.
- Click the Save button.
The throttling settings let you apply rate limits to sources of multiple consecutive failed authentication requests. This feature helps protect the application from brute-force attacks. For more information about this feature, see Throttle Failed Logins.