If you no longer use YouTrack InCloud, you can cancel your subscription or free trial. You may want to cancel your instance for one of the following reasons:
- Your work no longer requires that you use an issue tracker.
- You or your organization have setup a separate InCloud instance on a different domain or installed YouTrack as a standalone service in your local environment.
- Your free trial period expired and you don't want to switch to a subscription plan.
Canceling a Subscription or Free Trial
You can cancel your YouTrack InCloud subscription at any time. Your subscription is terminated at the end of the current billing cycle. Your credit card won't be charged again. No credit is offered for canceling an account prior to the end of a billing cycle.
If your free trial period has expired and you don't want to switch to a subscription plan, you can request that we remove the trial instance and delete the data.
If you wish to preserve any of the data that you have stored in your YouTrack instance, download a backup copy of your database before you submit a cancellation request. For instructions, see Database Export.
Once your cancellation request is processed, we retain a backup of the deleted instance.
- If the instance is deleted more than one week after it was created, we retain a backup of the instance for up to one month.
- If the instance is deleted less than one week after it was created, we retain a backup of the instance for up to one week.
After this time has elapsed, it is no longer possible to restore the instance using our copy of the database.
To cancel an InCloud subscription plan or free trial:
- Log in to your JetBrains account at jetbrains.com.
- On the Licenses page, locate the plan that you want to cancel and click the Remove your instance link.
- Fill in the instance cancellation form and click the Remove my YouTrack button.
Automatic Deletion of Inactive Instances
When your YouTrack license or subscription expires, your instance is considered inactive. Inactive instances are deleted automatically according to the following policy:
All of the email notifications include an option to delete all data immediately, including backups, by contacting the YouTrack support team.
JetBrains stores backup copies of an instance that is deleted automatically for one month after deletion. During this time, we can restore the data to another instance with an active subscription or send a copy of the latest backup files upon request. After one month, we delete all backups without further notice.
Once the database backups for an inactive instance have been deleted, it is no longer possible to restore the instance using our copy of the database.