YouTrack comes with a built-in JetBrains Hub service. The Hub service is an integral part of YouTrack that provides authentication, authorization, and access management. The Hub service cannot be removed or disabled.
If you suspect that integration with the Hub service does not work as intended, please refer to the Troubleshooting for Hub Integration page.
Built-in Hub is the default option. It comes bundled in the same installation package as YouTrack itself.
Built-in Hub features:
- No additional configuration required — the built-in Hub service is seamlessly bundled and integrated with YouTrack in a single installer package
- Simplified maintenance — joint backups and updates, no version compatibility issues
- Improved usability — UI pages for both YouTrack and Hub share the same navigation and UX
- Lower resource consumption — CPU, RAM, hard disk space
You can opt to use an external Hub service to manage users and access for your YouTrack service.
This option is not available for YouTrack InCloud.
An external Hub service lets you manage the user base for all connected applications and services in one place and allows single sign-on in JetBrains web-based team tools.
Integration with an external Hub enables the following features in YouTrack:
- Integration with JetBrains Upsource
- Enhanced project model that lets you manage access to resources in any connected service
- Additional dashboard widgets for Upsource and TeamCity
- Hierarchical user groups
- Ability to add Custom services to Hub to build integration with your favorite tools
- A Services Menu that provides quick access to connected services from a single location
- Better scalability
Download the installation package for an external Hub service from our website.
For ZIP and MSI installations, you can choose whether to use the built-in or a standalone Hub service during YouTrack installation.
|YouTrack Distribution Type||Built-in Hub||External Hub|