Import a Single Issue from Another YouTrack
By default, importing from other issue trackers to YouTrack is a per-project process, that is: You transfer all issues from a project to YouTrack at once. However, in some situations it can be useful to import a single issue, for example, from an internal YouTrack instance to a publicly available main tracker. We now provide you with a script allowing import issues from one YouTrack instance to another on per-issue basis.
- A user account you use to log in to the source YouTrack server should have enough permissions to read issues and all their attributes including custom fields for the project to be imported. The user account you use to log into the target YouTrack server should have enough permissions to create new user accounts, and new issues in the specified target project. We recommend to use an account with the System Admin role for both source and target servers.
- When a user account is imported, it will be created with the new randomly generated password. That is, when a user logs into the target YouTrack server with his username from the source server, on the Login page he should type his username and then use the Send password restore E-mail link to restore the password.
- Only those custom fields that are used in the target project will be imported from the source YouTrack server.
To import a single issue from one YouTrack instance to another:
- Download the latest version of YouTrack's Python Client Library and unzip it.
- Ensure that either Python or JPython is installed in your system.
- Execute the following command:
Specify the following parameters in the command:
python moveIssue.py src_url src_login src_password trg_url trg_login trg_password src_issueId trg_projectId