Import from Bugzilla
- General Procedure
- Map Bugzilla Statuses and Resolutions
- Map Custom Field Types in Bugzilla to YouTrack
To import issues from Bugzilla:
- Download the latest version of YouTrack's Python Client Library and unzip it.
- Install Python.
- Install mySQLdb Python Library.
- If needed, create a new mapping file to set the correspondence between source fields in Bugzilla and YouTrack issue's attributes.
This mapping file should be created in the
<library install directory>\python\bugzilladirectory. By default, the
defaultBzMapping.pyfile is used. For more details about structure of the library, please refer to the Python Client Library page.
- Import issues from a file to YouTrack running the following command:
Enter values for the following command-line parameters:
python bugzilla2youtrack.py target_url target_login target_pass bz_db bz_host bz_port bz_login bz_pass [bz_product]
User accounts are imported from Bugzilla by user's email addresses. In YouTrack, an e-mail address a user provided in Bugzilla will be used as a login name for a user account. Passwords for newly imported (created) user accounts in YouTrack are randomly generated, that is: for the first login to YouTrack, a user should provide his e-mail address and then click the link Restore password to create a new password for his account.
By default, all data in Bugzilla is stored in cp866 encoding. If you have configured another encoding, then to import data to YouTrack correctly you will need to change the encoding parameter in your mapping file.
Map Bugzilla Statuses and Resolutions
Bugzilla Statuses and Resolutions are imported in YouTrack as custom fields of the
|Bugzilla Status||YouTrack Issue State|
|Bugzilla Resolution||YouTrack Issue State|
Map Custom Field Types in Bugzilla to YouTrack
FIELD_TYPE_BUGID (numeric id "6") will be imported to YouTrack as an issue link.
If you prefer a different mapping, please define it manually in your configuration mapping file.