Import from JIRA
YouTrack lets you connect to a JIRA instance. This integration lets you perform the following tasks:
- Import existing projects, users, groups, and group memberships from JIRA.
- Update previously imported projects to apply changes to issues that were made in JIRA. New issues and changes that are applied to issues in the JIRA project since the last import are added to YouTrack.
This integration also imports user accounts that are stored in the JIRA instance. The same values for users who created, updated, added comments to, and are assigned issues in JIRA are set to the corresponding user accounts in YouTrack. To let users log in to YouTrack with their JIRA credentials, enable the JIRA authentication module. For more information, Atlassian JIRA Auth Module.
Before you import projects from JIRA to YouTrack, check the following requirements:
- The projects that you want to import were created in JIRA version 5 or later.
- Your JIRA instance allows remote API calls.
- Your user account in JIRA has administrative permissions. If you connect to the JIRA instance with an account that is not assigned an administrator role, you cannot import user groups and related data.
Connect to a JIRA Instance
When you connect to a JIRA instance, you can import entire projects from JIRA to YouTrack. The import includes all of the issues that are assigned to the project as well as the user accounts for users who have access to the project, the project roles, groups, and group memberships.
To connect to a JIRA instance:
- In the Integrations section of the Administration menu, select Import from JIRA.
- Enter values for the following settings:
- Click the Connect to JIRA button.
- Select the projects that you want to import to YouTrack. To import all projects, leave the default All available projects setting.
- To enable automatic import, select the Continuous import option. When this option is enabled, YouTrack checks the JIRA instance for changes in the selected projects every 10 minutes. Issues that are added or updated since the previous import are processed and updated in YouTrack.
- Click the Import issues button.
You can also click the Import single issue link to verify the connection to the JIRA instance.
- The selected projects are imported to YouTrack.
- If the user account that you used to connect to the JIRA instance has sufficient permissions, users, groups, and related data are also imported.
- The date of the last import is displayed on the integration settings page.
- A download link lets you download the import log. Use this option to view and investigate errors that occurred during import.
To import all of the data from a JIRA project, your user account must have permission to update the corresponding projects and their issues in YouTrack.
Expand this menu to view how your access limitations affect the data that is imported into YouTrack. Select each project to see what limitations apply. The following conditions affect how data is imported into YouTrack:
After the initial import, the following controls are available on the integration settings page: