Migrate from Standalone to InCloud
This page provides instructions for migrating from a self-hosted YouTrack Standalone server to a YouTrack InCloud instance hosted by JetBrains. When you perform this type of migration, we assume that:
- You want to migrate all of the data from your YouTrack Standalone installation to a YouTrack InCloud instance.
- You want to overwrite the InCloud database with the data from your YouTrack Standalone installation.
- You plan to retire your Standalone installation and work exclusively with the InCloud instance or use the Standalone installation for another purpose.
If you want to import issues from your YouTrack Standalone installation to your YouTrack InCloud instance without overwriting existing data, see Import Issues from Another YouTrack Server.
Special Considerations for External Hub Installations
YouTrack InCloud uses a built-in Hub service for user authentication and access management. The option to connect to an external Hub service is not available for YouTrack InCloud.
If your YouTrack Standalone installation is connected to an external Hub service, you must also migrate your data to the built-in Hub service. The following features are not supported by the built-in Hub service and are not available for YouTrack InCloud:
Requesting Migration from YouTrack Standalone to YouTrack InCloud
The YouTrack support team at JetBrains provides technical support for your YouTrack InCloud instance. When you migrate from YouTrack Standalone to YouTrack InCloud, the support team performs the migration for you.
To prepare for the migration:
- If you do not already have a registered instance, sign up for YouTrack InCloud.
- Make sure that your InCloud instance has an active subscription. The number of users and storage limits supported by your YouTrack InCloud plan should be equal to or greater than your current license for YouTrack Standalone. Check your plan here.
- Create a backup of your YouTrack Standalone database:
- If you use an external Hub service, create and download a backup copy of your Hub database. For instructions, refer to the Hub documentation.
- Send us a request to migrate the database to your YouTrack InCloud instance.
For security purposes, the YouTrack support team asks you to confirm the email address that was used to register the InCloud instance. If you used a different email address to request migration, send a confirmation email from the registration address.
When the the support team receives the confirmation email, they migrate the data to your YouTrack InCloud instance and notify you when the operation is complete.