The Access Management section of the Administration menu links to pages that let you manage access to YouTrack.
User access in YouTrack is defined on per-project basis by the roles that are assigned to a user. A role is set of permissions, which in their turn allow users to perform particular operations in YouTrack. Please note that permissions are only granted by assigning roles, and not directly.
Generally, users inherit roles from the user groups they belong to. In rare cases, when inherited roles are not sufficient, you can assign a role to a user account individually.
We suggest that you configure user access in the following order:
- Create new roles or configure predefined roles.
- Create new groups or configure predefined groups.
- Assign roles to groups on a per-project basis.
- Create user accounts or enable self-registration for users.
- Enable and configure auth modules.
- Configure group membership for YouTrack users.