Set up a Personal Board
Sometimes you want to track your own tasks, or see a specific set of tasks on a board. You can create a custom board that contains only those tasks that you are interested in.
YouTrack 2017.3 introduced the Personal Board template. When you use this template, you create a personal board for all of the projects that you contribute to and show only issues that are assigned to you.
For details, see Agile Board Templates.
No matter which template you use, the primary feature that makes your board "personal" is its visibility. You can restrict the visibility of any board you create so only you can view it. When you are the only person who can access to the board, other users do not receive notifications if you add an issue to your board, or move a card between sprints. However, if you make your personal board visible to other users, users with the Low-level Administration permission in this group can access and edit the settings for this board as well.
To create a personal board:
- Select .
- Select the board template that matches your desired configuration.
- Enter the basic settings for the board, including its name and the list of projects that you want to manage on the board.
- Make sure that both the Can view and use the board and Can change board settings options are set to Owner.
- Set the default Backlog for your board.
- When done, click the Create board button.
- A new board is created and opens to the General tab in the board settings.
- Configure the board settings to match your personal preferences. To configure a personal board that does not interfere with the rest of the project team, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid linking personal sprints to a custom field. Other users will be notified when you move issues between sprints and can add issue to your board when they set the value for this field.
- If you have the Update Project permission for the projects that you manage on your personal board, avoid adding and editing the values that you use for columns and swimlanes. These changes will be applied to the custom fields that are used in these projects, which may not be what you intended.
Basically, that's it. You can now use your personal board to plan and monitor your work as you please.