Edit a Workflow
You can modify an existing workflow to adapt it to a specific use case.
When you upgrade your YouTrack instance, updates are only applied to default workflows that have not been modified. If you want to apply updates to an edited workflow, use the Restore default workflows option on the page. This option overwrites the default workflows with the definitions that are stored on the YouTrack server. Any changes that you have made to default workflows are lost. If you wish to keep your changes, make a copy of the default workflow with another name before you restore the default workflow definitions.
To edit a workflow:
- Open the YouTrack Workflow Editor.
- Click the button to download the workflows and custom field schema from your YouTrack server.
- Select a workflow rule from the list.
- Modify the rule to support your use case.
- When done, click the button to upload the changes to your YouTrack server.
You can also edit an exported workflow in the editor and then either upload it directly to your server or import it to another server. For more information, see Import and Export Workflows in the Editor.
Delete Workflows and Rules
You can delete workflows in the Administration area in YouTrack or in the Workflow Editor. Changes are synchronised when you download workflows that were deleted in YouTrack or upload workflows that were deleted in the Workflow Editor.