Import from AgileZen
Current implementation of the Python Client Library and the script for importing data from AgileZen is compatible with YouTrack 4.x (aka Fascination) REST API only and Python 2.6.
To import data from a AgileZen server to YouTrack:
- Download the latest version of YouTrack's Python Client Library and unzip it.
- Ensure that Python is installed in your system.
- In the file
agilezen2youtrack.py, which is located in the unzipped folder with the Python Client Library, specify the following parameters:
Your AgileZen API Key. Please refer to the AgileZen help server for details on how to enable API Key.
The URL of your YouTrack server, to which the data should be imported.
YouTrack administrator's login name for the target YouTRack server (for example, "root").
YouTrack administrator's password for the target YouTrack server.
- When done configuring the script, execute the following command:
That's it! Your data from your AgileZen instance will be imported into your YouTrack instance.
How AgileZen Stories are Imported to YouTrack
When you import your data from AgileZen to YouTrack, your AgileZen projects, stories and tasks are imported according to the following rules:
- For each of your AgileZen project, a new project with the same name is created in YouTrack.
- A story becomes an issue with the "Type" field set to "Feature". In YouTrack Agile mode, by default, a feature (that is, AgileZen story) forms a swimlane.
- A task becomes an issue with the "Type" field set to "Task", which is linked to the imported story as "subtask".
- Story comments are imported as corresponding issue's comments.
Please note that the current version does not support import of attachments from AgileZen!
For each imported project in YouTrack the following issue fields are created and attached: