Project Admins - Quick Start Guide
Before you can start posting issues in YouTrack you have to create at least one project. You will also need to ensure that your users can access the project and work with issues.
When you create a project from scratch, follow these steps:
- Create a project.
- Verify the roles that are assigned to members of your project team. If you want to modify the permissions that are assigned to these roles, see Roles.
- Verify the user groups that have access to issues in your project. Assign roles to each new user group to provide them with the required access rights in the project. For more information, see Manage the Project Team.
- Customize the list of assignees for issues in the project. Users and groups who are added to the list of assignees should have permission to update issues in the project. For more information, see Customize assignees for the project.
- Verify the fields that are used for issues in your project. For more information about custom fields, see Custom Fields.
Now you can create and update issues in the project.
Import Projects from an Existing Bug Tracker
If you have previously used another issue tracker, the fastest way to get started is to import a project into YouTrack. You can import your current projects and all of their issues. For most issue trackers, the user accounts are also imported automatically.
Automated import from Atlassian JIRA is available in YouTrack. For more information, see Import Projects from JIRA.
You can also import issues with the YouTrack Python Client Library from the following bug trackers:
- Import from AgileZen
- Import from Bugzilla
- Import from FogBugz
- Import from Google Code Issue Tracker
- Import from Mantis
- Import from Redmine
- Import from Trac
- Import Issues from Another YouTrack Server
The following import options are also available:
- Import Issues from Another YouTrack Server — import single issues or entire projects from another YouTrack server.
- Import from a CSV File — import issues from any bug tracker that can export issues as a CSV file.