Each of the custom fields in YouTrack can be set with additional options that define:
- Whether a field is attached automatically to projects or not
- Whether a field is private or public
- Whether a field is displayed in the Issues list or not
Auto-attach a Field to New Projects
Auto-attached fields are attached by default to any new project.
To attach a field to projects automatically:
Auto-attached fields are designated with the respective flag in the list of available fields.
To make a field private:
- Open the Administration > Custom Fields > Fields List tab.
- Click the name of the field you want make private.
- In the toolbar, click Make private button.
- Click the Save button.
Repeat the procedure for all fields you want to make private.
For additional information, see Private and Public Issue Fields.