When you monitor a collection of issues that match specific criteria, the last thing you want to do is define the search criteria every time you want to find these issues. Define your search criteria once, then save the search for future use.
Saved searches provide quick access to collections of issues that you watch on a regular basis. Saved searches also let you:
- Share a predefined collection of issues with a group of users. For example, you want your support team to monitor a project for unassigned issues.
- Receive notifications for updates to issues that match specific criteria. For more information, see Notifications.
- Manually order issues that match the search criteria. For more information, see Reorder Issues Manually.
- Build a product backlog that you can manage on an agile board. For more information, see Work with a Backlog.
YouTrack provides a set of default saved searches for common search requests.
|Saved Search||Search Criteria|
|Assigned to me|
|Commented by me|
|Reported by me|
Save a Search Query
Any time you specify search criteria that you want to reuse or share, create a saved search.
To create a saved search:
The list of saved searches that are visible to you is displayed in the Saved Searches section of the sidebar in the Issues list. You can also execute a saved search from the Issues drop-down menu in the header:
Execute a Previously Saved Search
Adding a saved search to YouTrack lets you quickly display a list of issues that currently match the predefined search criteria.
There are several ways to execute a saved search:
saved search:in the search box, select the name of a saved search from the completion list, and press Enter.
- Select the saved search in the sidebar or from the Issues drop-down menu in the main navigation.
- If the saved search is pinned, select the saved search in the Search Context drop-down list.
Share a Saved Search
When you create a saved search it is private. It is only visible to the user who saved the search query. YouTrack lets you share a saved search with a group at two levels:
- Visible for group — members of the selected group can view and use the saved search.
- Updatable by group — members of the selected group can edit or delete the saved search.
To share a saved search:
- Open the Edit Saved Search dialog.
- Select a group in the Visible for group drop-down list to set the visibility.
- Select a group in the Updatable by group drop-down list to make the saved search available for editing.
Pin a Saved Search to the Sidebar and Search Context
YouTrack lets you pin or hide a saved search in the sidebar. This option lets you customize the list of saved searches.
The following saved searches are pinned by default:
- Saved searches that were created by you (both personal and shared).
- The predefined saved searches Assigned to me, Commented by me, and Reported by me.
For more details, see Customize the Sidebar.
Edit a Saved Search
You can modify the search query and update the settings for a saved search at any time.
To edit a shared save search, you must be a member of the group for which editing is enabled for the saved search.
To edit a saved search:
- Move the pointer over the saved search in the sidebar and click the pencil icon.
— The Edit saved search dialog opens.
- Modify the query and settings.
- Click the Save button.
Delete a Saved Search
If you no longer want to use a saved search, you can delete it from YouTrack.
You can only delete saved searches that you created yourself.
To delete a saved search:
- Open the Edit saved search dialog.
- Click the Delete saved search button.
- Click the OK button to confirm the action.