YouTrack provides powerful functionality that helps you perform various actions programmatically via its RESTful API, including:
- Importing issues from your current bug tracking system — for smoother migration to YouTrack.
- Creating, modifying, and performing other operations programmatically — so you can seamlessly integrate YouTrack into your environment. For example, via automated issue submission from third-party applications.
- Manipulating projects, users, groups, roles, issue link types, and custom attributes.
Available Tools Based on the YouTrack REST API
Before you start using the REST API for you own development, take a look at the available tools that use the YouTrack REST API:
- YouTrack Mobile application
- YouTrack's Python Client Library, which uses REST API to implement various options for importing data from other tracking systems.
- YouTrackSharp, a.NET Library to access the YouTrack API. YouTrackSharp is also available at the NuGet gallery.