YouTrack as SAML Identity Provider for Zendesk
When you configure your YouTrack server as the Identity Provider for your Zendesk instance, your users can log into Zendesk with their credentials in YouTrack or any other authentication module.
This configuration also enables single-sign-on. When a user logs into one of the services that is connected to YouTrack, they are logged into all connected services.
- You must have administrative privileges in both Zendesk and YouTrack.
- An email address of the YouTrack administrator account that you use to configure SAML 2.0 for Zendesk must differ from the email of the Zendesk instance owner. Otherwise, you might end-up in the redirecting loop when you test the SAML configuration.
- YouTrack administrator account must have a verified email address.
Configuring your Zendesk Instance
- In your Zendesk instance, open the page.
- Select the End-Users tab.
We describe how to set up YouTrack to authenticate end-users with SAML. However, you can set up YouTrack to authenticate Zendesk Agents, as well. To do so, select the Agents tab and provide the same parameters as described in the next step.
- Enable Single-sign-on option, select SAML, and configure the parameters:
- In YouTrack, select from the Access Management section of the Administration menu.
- Select the Registered Service Providers tab.
- Click the Register service provider button.
- In the dialog, enter the parameters of your Zendesk instance:
Parameter Description Name Enter a name to be displayed for the Zendesk instance in YouTrack. Issuer Use the name of your Zendesk instance in the format
Description Optionally, enter a description of the Zendesk instance. Consumer URL Paste the Access Consumer Service (ACS) URL of your Zendesk instance. The general format for the ACS URL in Zendesk is
YouTrack should send
Make sure that the option is disabled.