Conditional Custom Fields
In each project, you have the ability to show specific custom fields only when a value is selected in another custom field. The most common use case is to choose which fields are shown for different issue types. However, you can add a condition to show specific fields based on the selection in any enumerated field, not just issue type.
Conditions for showing custom fields can be set independently in each project. As an administrator, you can view and update these settings for all projects. To access these settings, open the Custom Fields Settings page and switch to the Fields in Projects tab.
You can add a condition to any field in a project. Conditional custom fields are subject to the following limitations:
- You can only set a condition for showing a custom field based on the selection in a custom field that stores an
buildas a single value.
- It not possible to set up chained dependencies. This means that you cannot make the visibility for a custom field dependent upon multiple levels of conditions.
To set up a conditional custom field:
- From the Project-related Settings section of the Administration menu, select Custom Fields.
- Locate the project that you want to add the condition for and expand the list of fields.
- Select the custom field that you want to show on a conditional basis from the list.
- Expand the Conditional Settings section in the sidebar.
- From the Show only when drop-down list, select the custom field that you want to use for the condition.
- From the is set to drop-down list, select one or more values.
- When one of the values specified here is selected in an issue that belongs to the project, the conditional field is shown.