The Professional IDE for Java EE Development
Java Enterprise Edition 7 Support
IntelliJ IDEA fully supports Java EE 7 and provides advanced coding assistance for CDI 1.1, JSF 2.2, JAX-RS 2.0, JPA 2.2, Batch Processing and other new specs. Plus, it seamlessly integrates with enterprise application servers such as Glassfish 4, Wildfly 8, Tomcat 8, and the others.
Support for Java EE is only available in IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate.
Check out these tutorials on how to create, deploy and debug enterprise applications using Java EE and IntelliJ IDEA.
What's New in IntelliJ IDEA 13
- Support for Java EE 7, including CDI 1.1, JSF 2.2, Batch Processing and more
- Integration with the latest enterprise application servers
- Simplified project configuration
Focused on developer productivity, IntelliJ IDEA offers advanced coding assistance and productivity boosters for Java EE specs, including CDI, JSF, JSP, JPA, Batch Processing and the others.
- Smart code completion
- Easy navigation and search
- Safe refactorings
- Code generation
Code Analysis and Quick-fixes
With IntelliJ IDEA's static code analysis helps you find probable bugs, locate dead code, detect performance issues and improve code structure without the need to run it.
- On-the-fly code analysis
- Intentions and quick-fixes
- Shared inspection profiles
- Custom inspections
The IDE provides out-of-the-box support for the latest application servers, including Glassfish, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Jetty, Geronimo, Resin and others.
- Debugging and hot-redeploy
- Deployment and monitoring
- Project configuration
Persistence and Database Tools
IntelliJ IDEA includes built-in tools for work with Java Persistence API and SQL, including intelligent coding assistance, plus a powerful query editor and diagrams.
- Support for SQL, including Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server and many other dialects
- Query editor, table browser and schema management tools
- Support Java Persistence API, along with Hibernate and EclipseLink dialects
- Support for HTML, CSS and Emmet
- Built-in support for LESS, Sass and other CSS frameworks
- Browsers integration with debugging and live editing
See also: JPA and Hibernate
Check out how IntelliJ IDEA helps you work with Java Persistence API and Hibernate. More info »