Summary - Configuring IntelliJ IDEA
We've used the following shortcuts in this tutorial:
|Name||macOS Shortcut||Windows Shortcut|
|Project Structure dialog||⌘;||Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S|
|Find Action||⌘⇧A||Ctrl + Shift + A|
- Build systems such as Maven and Gradle will override settings in your Project Structure
- It's best to be a bit familiar with IntelliJ IDEA before you start customising your Preferences/Settings.
- If you do need to reset your Preferences/Settings, you can do so with File > Manage IDE Settings > Restore Default Settings
- You can also use shortcuts such as Search Everywhere and Find Actions to change your Preferences/Settings.
- You can export settings to share with your other instances of IntelliJ IDEA.
- You can use a Settings Repository to share settings with your colleagues.