Using Help Topics
PhpStorm documentation has the following structure:
- Meet PhpStorm
This part contains system requirements and installation information, the section First Steps with the tutorials that help you perform the most basic actions - create and run your first application.
- How to
On the PhpStorm site, find online documentation:
The online help makes it possible to find entries in the table of contents, browse documentation with the table of contents, rate topics, ask question and express your opinion. The layout of online documentation consists of:
- Table of contents pane
This pane shows the table of contents.
- Use this pane to browse through the topics.
- Click button to show or hide this pane.
- If for some reason your browser fails to show actual table of contents, refresh the page.
- Topics pane
This pane shows the topic that is currently selected in the table of contents.
- In the Keymap drop-down list, choose the platform you want to view keyboard shortcuts in (Windows/Linux, OS X etc.)
Finding a piece of information in the table of contents
- Switch to the Table of contents pane.
- In the Search PhpStorm help field, type your query.
- Press Enter.
The table contents shrinks to show the search results. Click the desired entry to show the corresponding page in the Topic pane.