The Go to Usages of Symbol feature enables you to get the list of all found symbol usages and navigate directly to the desired one.
- Place the caret at the declaration of a symbol or any symbol usage in the editor. You can also select the symbol in the File Structure window, as well as in Object Browser, Solution Explorer and Class View.
Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Navigate | Usages of Symbol.
- Choose Navigate To | Usages of Symbol on the context menu.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+F7Shift+Alt+F12.
If the symbol has only one usage, ReSharper navigates you directly to it.
If there are several usages, they are displayed in the drop-down list. So you can do one of the following:
- To view the list of usages in the Find Results window, click Show in Find Results or press + on the numeric keypad.
- To navigate directly to a usage, select it in the drop-down list and press Enter.
Consider the example below:
To achieve the opposite goal, navigate from a symbol usage to the declaration of the symbol, use the Go to Declaration navigation feature.
This feature is supported in the following languages/technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see the corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.