JetBrains dotCover is a .NET unit test runner and code coverage tool that integrates into Visual Studio and supports integration with other tools.
dotCover serves you for two main purposes:
- Project risk identification
- Code quality assurance
To accomplish these tasks, dotCover provides the following features:
- Execution and Coverage Analysis of Unit Tests
- Coverage Analysis of Manual Test Sessions
- Coverage Analysis on Server Side
Once you perform code coverage analysis, dotCover helps you investigate coverage results by highlighting the covered code and navigation to covering tests in Visual Studio text editor, filtering out solution nodes from analysis, generating test reports in multiple formats, and more.
The full list of dotCover features include:
- Analyzing statement coverage in .NET Framework and Silverlight applications.
- Integration with Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012.
- Highlighting for covered and uncovered code in Visual Studio.
- Detecting which tests cover a particular location in code.
- Managing and running unit tests with ReSharper's unit test runner or dotCover's own.
- Support for multiple unit testing frameworks: MSTest, NUnit, xUnit, and MSpec.
- Console utility to use with a Continuous Integration server. A server-side version of dotCover is built into TeamCity.
- Fetching coverage analysis data from TeamCity to Visual Studio.
- Generating code coverage reports as HTML, XML, JSON, and XML for NDepend.