Choosing Your Testing Framework
To choose a testing framework, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings/Preferences dialog, and under the node Tools, click the page Python Integrated Tools.
- On this page, click the Default Test Runner field.
- Choose the desired test runner:
Mind the following:
- If a user already has the testing run/debug configuration for a specific file and for a specific testing framework, then PyCharm will launch this run/debug configuration, regardless of your chosen default test runner.
- By default, the suggested default test runner is unittest. However, it's possible to change your choice to nosetest, py.test or TwistedTrial.
Last modified: 29 November 2017